Thursday, January 7, 2010

Custom Made Walking Sticks Artists, How Do You Bill For Custom Work?

Artists, how do you bill for custom work? - custom made walking sticks

For years I have ordered the design of custom rods. My clients really strange things, or in a personal way that I could never sell to anyone else. So I ask at least 50% less than it was not even compete. Many want to put it on your credit card.

I already have a merchant account and the customer, and I agree that 50% (or 100%) will be calculated when I started working in the sugar cane. The rest, due to delivery delays. It seems reasonable.

But the other day I found a price of $ 110 in the bank that my merchant account holders took out my savings account. The reason why I think they can not collect payments or partial payments prior to completing a stick.

To make sure that they pay your custom orders and not something that can not stick to sell? Use of credit cards.

2 comments:

Vince M said...

When your bank says you can not pay for a partial payment, then, well, you have misunderstood, or you need another bank who have more experience.

There should be nothing in her contract that prohibits the dealer hook, "deposits" or similar positions. Heck, are also hotels and restaurants, "block" a certain amount before the final costs are known. Hotels make a quick card at the goal, restaurants are an added blow to the head, and so on.

I always take a deposit from my clients before any work. For extensive work, I invite third parties to ensure that they do not invest much time and material in a project. In essence, one third of my estimated cost at the beginning of employment, one third of the commitments for the licensing of characters, and the third delivery of the finished piece. It's in my contract, so there are no surprises, either for myself or for the customer.

In addition, knowing exactly how the bank what the fee. The shift is often a "The payment received "and nothing else.

Call your bank to ensure that they understand what the transfer in question.

Angie S said...

Do you think that a partial payment?
First - go (or call) to your bank know exactly what the charge was $ 110.00 and have paid for a.
If your (Shop cr.card companies for the partial payment or whatever), I told them I had no idea that they make you pay for! Questions as you can without the high costs to do.

Post a Comment