Friday, January 8, 2010

First American Title Insurance Company Phoenix Is There An Attorney Out There That Can Tell Me If ADHD Is Considered A "disability" Covered Under The ADA?

Is there an attorney out there that can tell me if ADHD is considered a "disability" covered under the ADA? - first american title insurance company phoenix

I have a diagnosis of ADHD. I have an administrative position is a leading insurance group / banking department in the repo. My work is so intricate, detailed, received many computers with different monitors, software, databases, securities, sending units away from the rest. I can only make more than 1 / 2 of the work, which can do 2 other directors. I wrote and bad reviews so far. I have the lowest. The company refused my request by the Americans with Disabilities Act, saying that ADHD is "without handicap. In my work it is. I have a great work for all. If I had known that this work was so involved, I would have are not taken. I have no chance to progress, or even increase. I did not rise last year, which has never happened ever before. I asked a different position a month ago, but I do not know whether I am or not. When I would have this job, I would not be much better. I need to know whether ADHD is a disability. Someone can help me? Thanks

4 comments:

Mel said...

Hello --

ADHD is not considered a disability under the ADA in this time, but even if he make the only company to "reasonable accommodation" for people with disabilities. They can not someone in a job to continue where they do not (regardless of reason. ") No need to remove the substantial rights of the position, although it may be necessary to eliminate the essential functions and distribute the work to someone else.

You can check to find a new job that best suit your skills and / or talk to a doctor about medications that can help control your disease. Good luck.

jim00077... said...

I do not know, maybe, but if I do not agree with him.

raindanc... said...

I'm no lawyer, but I am familiar with the ADA. There is no definitive list of disability, but a general definition, which is likely to be regarded as disabled in order to.

"A person has a disability if he / she has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more important activities of life, with a record of such impairment, or as with such a deterioration. (EEOC, 1992 views)

Unfortunately, if you want to receive fair treatment in the workplace under the ADA, you have to probably go to court, what costly and time consuming. In addition, there is no guarantee that the case be tried in his favor. I recommend not to check if to a different location to find another job added. Good luck with everything.

lremmell... said...

ADHD is considered mental retardation (see No. 1).

Or call CCR & Technical Hotline at 800 - 514 - 0,301th

Here is a site I found that some answers to your question: http://add.about.com/od/addadhdinthework offers ...

Good luck!

Post a Comment